Tuesday, June 15, 2010

... I Do...Again!




...'Tis the season for weddings, but 'tis also the season for remembering why you got married in the first place!

... Thus, I thought it was sweet when I was contacted to make some welcome boxes for a woman who is renewing her wedding vows this week. Now, if you think planning a wedding is hectic, imaging essentially planning a wedding while shuttling the kids around to and from school, sports practices, music lessons, etc. Add to THAT your eldest child's high school graduation a week before your big event! That's pretty much what my client was dealing with... the life resulting from the wonderful marriage she is celebrating, while trying to plan her vow renewals. Whew! I was more than happy to help. Especially since Jeff and I are celebrating our third anniversary next week... it got me thinking and appreciating what a wonderful marriage, life and husband I myself have!

... My client and her husband are really turning their vow renewal into a celebration of (and with!) family and friends. They had a whole week of fun activities planned for their guests (the itinerary for the week was included in the gifts) culminating in the wonderful "main event" on Friday night at Terra in San Francisco. I also helped coordinate the favors for her guests... French macarons in small white boxes tied with a ribbon...yum!

... As for the gift boxes, many of the guests were travelling from afar, so we put in some water, tissues, chocolate, and some "on the road necessities" such as Tylenol to make the guests as comfortable as possible. We included in each one a beautiful postcard of a San Francisco scene, so the guests could take away a little something of SF when they left.

... It was a project on a fast timeline, but I think that made it even better. It was simple, clean, and elegant, and I was really happy with the way everything turned out!



























Congratulations (again!) Shiela and Curt!

No comments:

Post a Comment