Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a-LO-haaaaaa!

...well, you might be wondering where I've been for so long! Well, before you get the wrong idea, I haven't been on vacation for this whole time, but I HAVE been busy, and I DID just get back from a fabulous little trip to Hawaii for a friend's wedding.

... I also have been extremely busy with a plethora of projects lately. I just finished some invitations for a friend's daughter's First Communion, some favors for a bridal shower, and programs for the San Francisco Eleusinia. But, the thing that has been keeping me really busy for the past few months is working on the stationary for this fabulous wedding we just went to in Hawaii! I've had so much fun working on this project, and I was very pleased with the way everything turned out.

... Kina and Zach live on Oahu. Kina grew up in Oregon, but is half Hawaiian and moved back to Hawaii after business school. Zach was born and raised on Maui. Since they live on Oahu and most of their families are still on Oahu or Maui, Kina and Zach decided to have a very Hawaiian style wedding on the island of Oahu, in an area called Waimanaolo. The wedding overlooked the ocean, and the breezes were just right. The tables were adorned with plumeria and lauae leaves. It was beautiful.

... The Lauae leaf was the theme that ran through the stationary for the wedding. I used it in the invitations, along with lines of a Hawaiian song about Waimanolo. We then brought it into the programs, table names, seating cards, and tags for the favors. Below are some pictures of the event.


... the invitations...





... response cards...




... programs...



... seating cards...


... table names...

 

... the room all set up...


... Kina and Zach saying their vows...



... in BEAUTIFUL Waimanolo...



Mahalo to Kina and Zach for introducing me to the beauty of a Hawaiian wedding, and until next time...

... ALOHA!!

1 comment: