Sunday, May 2, 2010

...Is there something in the water???

... I know about a zillion people who are pregnant! Maybe it's just my group of friends and my age, but I think maybe the recession is coming to an end and everyone is getting on with their lives, including making new ones?

... Anyway, I find this so wonderful, I love seeing friends happy and ready to start a family. In fact, one of my best friends has officially started her maternity leave! She is due at the end of May, and starting tomorrow, she is home until September.

... A few weeks back, a group of friends and I threw this friend, Roxanne, and her husband a co-ed baby shower. It was a lot of fun. It was in the evening, and we had such delicious food and cocktails (and "mock-tails" for the mom to be!) and of course, great company. It was a great evening and a fun event. Even the guys were into it! I think they were just relieved that there were no poop-y diaper games or measure-the-belly with toilet paper activities.

... As my contribution to the party, I agreed to make the invitations. I really, really, really had a lot of fun making them. Roxanne really liked the idea of a "Sweet Pea" theme. I had been dying to use some of my round cards, so I took the opportunity and ran with it! Two different shades of green, along with a whimsical yellow polka dotted paper lining the enveloped sure enough created the desired effect. It was lucky that I got a die-cutter for Christmas, as it allowed me to create the small peas for the pod, as well as the round white piece for the party information. This as another work created by layering pieces together to get the final result. Take a look!








Congratulations to Roxanne and Douglas, I can't wait to meet Baby Franco!

1 comment: