Tuesday, June 15, 2010

...hello, Cow Hollow!

... well, it has been 3 weeks and Jeff and I are getting settled into our new place. So far, so good! We really like it!!

... we recently moved from the South of Market area of San Francisco (SOMA) to the Cow Hollow area of San Francisco. Our new neighborhood is pretty residential, our place is a block away from the Presidio, and we are close to a bunch of great restaurants and shops. I am most especially excited that there is a Paper Source within walking distance!! Yippee!

... Our new place is a two bedroom old-school San Francisco apartment. I LOVE it! It is bright and airy and has tons of built in storage. I finally have a special place to display my china, and our everyday dishes look great in our glass front cabinets. We have beautiful hardwood floors and a great walk in closet. Our baby will have it's own room, and I can't wait to decorate it! We are still getting everything set up, but I have some pictures from our first weeks in the new place. Enjoy!


First of all, this is a Shreve Gurgling Fish Pitcher. It is a very traditional gift in New England. I happened to receive 2 for our wedding, and I have them proudly displayed on our built in hutch. Gotta have little touches of home here in SF!


A view of our bedroom... we are still settling in, so excuse the sparseness!




I have managed to get some of our framed pictures displayed. These are some of my favorites that are in our bedroom.




A view into our bedroom from our living/dining room. I LOVE the colors, the lightness, and the french doors.




Our built in hutch in the breakfast nook. I love it! It has a SURPRISING amount of storage, and I was able to get ALL my china, crystal, small appliances, serving plates, and various and sundry other kitchen items in this space. Plus I just love how clean and bright it is. (Note the gurgling fish pitchers on the right!)




Our everyday dishes, bowls and mugs found a home in the glass front cabinets. I love the way the green looks against the white. The picture does not do it justice.




And then there are the great details. You probably noticed the moulding on the walls and maybe even the dark wood border on the light wood floors. This moulding detail is one of two that is found on the archway into our kitchen. Beautiful!




And finally, I have to day welcome to our 12 new large everyday plates. They have found a home on our hutch. They replace our old 12 large everyday plates that were dropped by the movers (it was clearly an issue of poor packing. They were packed last and hastily. A box of china was dropped at the same time, and all items were in perfect condition when unpacked!). All 12 were broken. That was the only casualty of the move, and thank goodness! Aside from this mishap, the movers were fantastic. We would highly recommend them.

We are still settling in the other areas of the house, so I'll update when everything is picture ready!

Enjoy your weekend, I hope it is nice wherever you are. Here in SF it actually feels like a New England summer, sunny and warm, and even a little sweaty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment