Thursday, March 24, 2011

Relive Your Childhood With These Save The Dates...

... The thing I love about Save the Dates is that they are really a chance to do something really cool. It can fit right in with your wedding theme or it can be something completely different. It can show your guests your personality, your sense of humor. It's a chance to "let your hair down" and get creative!

... My best friend is getting married in September and when she asked me to do her Save the Dates I was more than honored. She sent me an idea she had in mind and together we developed it! I have to say, when she sent me the images for me to use, I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

... Jamie and her fiance Russ* decided use the Save the Dates to laugh at themselves a bit. They wanted to incorporate pictures of themselves from junior high. We used these photos on the outside, with a nice photo of the two of them from their engagement session on the inside. A fun theme of "then and now" made these Save the Dates such a great project to do.

... Since Jamie's wedding colors are navy blue and green, I used a pocket enclosure in color Night from Paper Source as the base for this project. I layered their paisley decorative paper on top of that and then added on the images and text. Jamie wanted to include hotel information for her guests, so I created a card insert for the pocket enclosure. The fonts used in this project are Honey Script paired with American Typewriter.

... What a fun project to complete! Here are some images of the final product!

* And no, Jamie is NOT marrying Fred Savage circa Wonder Years, but he could've been a stunt double!















1 comment:

  1. your items are so great!!!! I'd like to give you a Stylish Blogger Award. You can see my post here, http://creativedesignsbytoni.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-i-am-considered-stylish.html for more information.

    ReplyDelete