Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Monkeying" About At a Baby Shower...






So my dear friend Jennie is pregnant and will welcome a little boy into the world at the beginning of September. Congrats, Jennie!

My friends and I decided to throw her a baby shower. However, we decided it would be more fun to do a co-ed cocktail style shower (with delicious non alcoholic "mocktails" for the mom to be, of course!) to celebrate the pending delivery from the stork. After all, her husband did have a SMALL part in all of this, right?

Anyway, Jennie is decorating the baby's room with a jungle theme but thinks monkeys are particularly cute. We used the monkey theme a little bit for her shower. Putting aside my personal feelings about monkeys, I happily created the favors (chocolate cupcakes with homemade blue buttercream frosting) for the shower and made a little keepsake book for guests to write their well wishes to the parents to be.

The cupcakes were a delicious new chocolate cake recipe that I got from the Barefoot Contessa (they have sour cream and buttermilk in them!) and I got the guest book idea from Elise Joy Blaha's blog, enJOY it. I also picked up some napkins, plates, and placemats in various shades of blue to create a festive atmosphere! I love combining shades and patterns, I think it creates a neat dynamic.

These favors will be featured on my website, www.woodsandco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment