Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Country Bride's Gotta Thank All Her Cowgirls!

...so my trip to Nashville was tons of fun and got me thinking of new ideas for gift bags...

...while walking around Nashville, I came across a few country gifts and got an idea about creating a gift that a bride could use to thank her bridesmaids. I thought that if anyone out there was having a country wedding or even just liked country and western things, this might be a cute idea to thank your friends for being there for you.

...this is just a little mock up I threw together (literally... I made the tags really fast, just to see what they would look like... hence the pencil lines, lol!) with some things I picked up while down south...



... I bought a really cute brown canvas bag with blue cowboy boots stamped on it. It's got this great striped ribbons for handles, and the brown and blue combination is really pleasing. I thought that it would be a great little bag that your country lovin' friends could use after the wedding, as it is made of ncie quality canvas and has a velcro fastener inside the bag. I also think that you could recreate this bag by buying plain canvas bags yourself , and stamping an image on the bag at home. That way you could choose your very own theme!

... anyway, I also found some country themed cookie cutters in the shapes of cowboy hats, stars, musical notes, and guitars. Not only would they make great edible additions to the gift bag (I have yet to try them out with a cookie recipe, but will definitely post pics when I do!), but I also used them as stencils to shape the tags for the contents of the bag. I made a great "name tag" for the bag by cutting out light brown and dark brown cowboy hats and layering them on top of one another to provide some depth!

... here are some more photos...




... these photos show some details of the contents...I also found in Nashville some lotion and lipbalm by Tennessee Cowgirl, and I thought that they would be a great addition to a girly thank you bag for your bridesmaids... I also found a mini bottle of champagne and a champagne glass and figured all these elements together might make for a great girls night in with your fave gals, celebratin' with some bubbly and lookin' pretty!

...all the tags and the note to the bridesmaid have a little bit of a country twist, just to keep up the fun of the theme!








... hope you like it! I thought it was fun to play around with this theme and find some fun fonts to make the bag complete. It's just a rough draft, not all the details completely worked out, but I was so excited to share this idea!

... hope you all had a great weekend, have a fun and creative week!

1 comment: